Yesterday, I was at my practicum, and I was doing a self-esteem group. For the ice breaker, each person had to go around the room and say something positive about themselves. The group was comprised of about 11 women, all 55 and older. Of the entire group, only one person said something positive about their being. The rest said something like “I like church” or “I enjoy making quilts”. Why do you think it is so hard for people to love themselves, and recognize their positive qualities. One thing we talked about was the pressure society places on women to be a certain size, not to age etc….
- on the feeling of home Home is the scent of wood in the fireplace, the so…
- on It’s not what you say, but how you say it, or don’t say it… It makes perfect sense to me.
- on Is grief selfish or natural? Anything that happens after death is for the livin…
- on Best Time In Your Life, Why, What Happened? Also, Friday Music :-) @Santa Bunny :rolf:
- on Do You Have a Good Life? What Would Make It Better? Things are really good right now. I have a success…
There are no users currently online